Hen got accidentally kicked and acts lethargic! Help!

At least she doesnt suffer anymore. If only necropsy was that easy so i could do it by myself :hmm
A necropsy is actually not that difficult. There are a lot of tutorials on here and you could always start a thread to ask for help. However, you could ship the bird to a facility near you that would do a necropsy using fancy stuff and trained, or in training, professionals.

A necropsy is actually not that difficult. There are a lot of tutorials on here and you could always start a thread to ask for help. However, you could ship the bird to a facility near you that would do a necropsy using fancy stuff and trained, or in training, professionals.
Well, I'm not adult so if my mom saw me cutting a dead chicken she'd call me a sadist or smth like that :confused: Same with shipping the hen to the facility. She'd probably say "no".I guess an egg broke inside of her, or some organs got smashed because i was wearing pretty heavy wellingtons when that happened.

Well, I'm not adult so if my mom saw me cutting a dead chicken she'd call me a sadist or smth like that :confused: Same with shipping the hen to the facility. She'd probably say "no".I guess an egg broke inside of her, or some organs got smashed because i was wearing pretty heavy wellingtons when that happened.
You could talk to your mom about it, as there is a chance the hen had some horrible disease that your flock was exposed to. I don’t think she would be against doing an necropsy, as it would be a great learning experience for the both of you. You will never know until you talk to her about it though.

You could talk to your mom about it, as there is a chance the hen had some horrible disease that your flock was exposed to. I don’t think she would be against doing an necropsy, as it would be a great learning experience for the both of you. You will never know until you talk to her about it though.
Going to talk. But i doubt the hen had a horrible disease because she started acting like that just after getting kicked.

I can’t count the times my chickens have been under my feet usually I only step on their toes but it’s one of those things that happens.
I am always impressed by young people like yourself who take good care of their animals and come in here for information. :)

I can’t count the times my chickens have been under my feet usually I only step on their toes but it’s one of those things that happens.
I am always impressed by young people like yourself who take good care of their animals and come in here for information. :)
Same about the toes. Yesterday except being worried and seeking help for my chicken i also almost stepped on the toe of one of my ladys. She and other hens were chasing one which had found a piece of glass and tried to eat it 0.0 . Finally i "stole" the piece of glass and.
And thanks ;)

Back
Top Bottom