Hen got foot stuck, limping

bird_mom

Hatching
Jul 2, 2018
Today, when we went to check in on our hens, we noticed one was missing. After looking around, I noticed she had gotten her toe stuck in one of those metal chairs. Her body was on the ground, and she was sitting, except her leg was stuck. I, very carefully, removed her foot, and let her go to see if she could walk properly. She was limping and trying to put as less weight on the leg that was stuck as possible. When I checked her toe, it seemed like a part of it was pressed down. We brought her inside and put fresh aloe vera and some turmeric (I know, it might not help, but it doesn't hurt to try) on her toe. She's eating and pooping normally, and she seems to be getting better at walking, but I'm still a bit worried. Any advice?

Today, when we went to check in on our hens, we noticed one was missing. After looking around, I noticed she had gotten her toe stuck in one of those metal chairs. Her body was on the ground, and she was sitting, except her leg was stuck. I, very carefully, removed her foot, and let her go to see if she could walk properly. She was limping and trying to put as less weight on the leg that was stuck as possible. When I checked her toe, it seemed like a part of it was pressed down. We brought her inside and put fresh aloe vera and some turmeric (I know, it might not help, but it doesn't hurt to try) on her toe. She's eating and pooping normally, and she seems to be getting better at walking, but I'm still a bit worried. Any advice?
She should be just fine, just make sure she's getting enough food and water, and isn't getting bullied by any other hens (or roosters). She will soon enough get better, and her foot will heal. Just give her time. Hope this helps! :thumbsup

She should be just fine, just make sure she's getting enough food and water, and isn't getting bullied by any other hens (or roosters). She will soon enough get better, and her foot will heal. Just give her time. Hope this helps! :thumbsup
Thank you for your quick response! We appreciate it :)

You bet! What type of hen is she? I used to have a RIR girl that would CONSTANTLY get beat up from things! She survived from several dog attacks, snapped off toe, and many MANY other things! We called her Ruby. Hope your hen does ok! Good luck!:thumbsup
Thank you! And she's a white leghorn :)

Back
Top Bottom