Hen having diarrhea and acting strange??

oliviaandjosh4

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 28, 2014
For the past couple days I had been noticing my year old hen was acting strange. She hasn't been as active as the other hens and when free ranging would keep sitting down on the ground. Then I noticed when she was walking she would walk with her butt low to the ground. Yesterday we noticed she was having diarrhea and then again today so we moved her into a cage by herself. We are giving her antibiotics, wormer, and electrolyte in her water.
I googled her symptoms and worms was one of the diagnoses that popped out. Does this sound like worms?
She really has no other symptoms. We did have worm in our chicken's poop in the coop a few months back and added wormer to their food.
Please let me know if you have any idea what is wrong with her! Thanks in advance!

Is she laying eggs? I would wonder if she is an internal layer, or has egg yolk peritonitis. What are you using to treat for worms? Valbazen and SafeGuard liquid goat wormer or horse paste are very good.

She was laying, idk about recently but I know she did not lay an egg today for sure. We are using strike IIi wormer.

Back
Top Bottom