Hen house renovation

Nov 18, 2023
I am renovating my coop and am considering making a covered dust bath so that it can be out in the run without having to worry about exposure to the elements. (I live where the winters are long and cold and the springs are cold and wet, so I'll take any ideas that I can get), as my hens have just been bathing in the dirt if there run and so it gets muddy.
Thanks

Get one of these:
turtle.jpg

You'll have to remember to cover and uncover it as the weather goes, but everything inside stays 100% dry (even through mild flooding) as long as you cover it when needed.

Old 33 gallon trash can. Cut the bottom off @ 12"-14". fill with peat moss, dusty dirt, 8oz of white wood ash. I spray my peat moss with 13.3 permethrin before i add it. I dig a divot in my dirt floor under my poop board. They use it in the wet months Jan, Feb, march.

I am renovating my coop and am considering making a covered dust bath so that it can be out in the run without having to worry about exposure to the elements. (I live where the winters are long and cold and the springs are cold and wet, so I'll take any ideas that I can get), as my hens have just been bathing in the dirt if there run and so it gets muddy.
Thanks
I made a post on this. It drains water. If you need to cover it, you can just use a tire cover from autozone. Put a plywood lid and then the cover.

Back
Top Bottom