1. happyhens

happyhens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    KY
    Anyone have the Hen Hut from McMurray? What do you think about it? What are the dimensions of it? I'd like to build something like it to use for a trio of silkies, just wanted some feedback on it first.

2. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    I can't speak for that specific coop, but if you're looking for something small and easy (and cheaper) I would consider looking for a dog house. Mine comfortably fits my 2 standard girls. 3 silkies would be fine too. I made a run that is detachable, which makes it easier to move around. Here's a pic.

[​IMG]

I clean and move it every other week and it takes me about 20 minutes from start to finish.

3. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Just don't ask her how she's going to stuff the 2 additional birds she's getting this spring in there!

Take my advice: go bigger than you think you need. Eventually you will want more... more... MORE!!!

4. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    I'm getting another of the exact same doghouse off Craigslist this weekend. Each duo will have their own room! It should make introductions easier! (and yes, I'm going to build a bigger run!)

5. Markp1964

Markp1964 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 4, 2007
    Coffeelady

Your set up looks just like what I have been looking for!!
    What is the arrangment inside the dog house as far as nest box and roost= how big is the dog house you used?

Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by