Hen is blue!

Jan 3, 2020
We found our hens face comb and wattles blue today. She is eating. And acting normal. After she went outside to her coop she turned a dark reddish color but around sunset she turned purple agian. She is inside with me. Eating and acting normal. What can I do for her? I’m trying to use a proneb compressor nebulizer on her right now is that good?

Attachments

• 03E5D931-EDF6-4049-A5F9-FA4274FE6968.png
    03E5D931-EDF6-4049-A5F9-FA4274FE6968.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 12
Thank you! I can only think of choking or blood clots, but you said she's fine...🤔

How old is she? Has she been laying eggs recently? Is she molting? The color change may be from a respiratory issue or a heart problem. Has she had breathing issues in the past? I would offer electrolytes in her water or give 2 ml of Poultry NutriDrench orally, and make sure that she is drinking.

How old is she? Has she been laying eggs recently? Is she molting? The color change may be from a respiratory issue or a heart problem. Has she had breathing issues in the past? I would offer electrolytes in her water or give 2 ml of Poultry NutriDrench orally, and make sure that she is drinking.
She is 2 years old, she laid a egg today she has never had breathing issues. It is very humid where we live and I have given her nutridrench

Back
Top Bottom