Hen is weak does not lay eggs and is picked on

Betsyg16

Chirping
May 16, 2020
So I have posted about this before, I need to update. I got 6 hens that were not taken care of. Approximately 1-2 years old. One of them had bumble foot, took care of that. She is also weak, does not lay eggs and is fearful of other hens and is picked on. I checked her vent. It’s good. Her poop is fine. She eats and drinks. I will attach picture. Any suggestions. I have separated her.

Attachments

• IMG_7950.jpeg
    IMG_7950.jpeg
    536.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_7951.jpeg
    IMG_7951.jpeg
    355.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7949.jpeg
    IMG_7949.jpeg
    356.5 KB · Views: 6
What Is her diet? Have you ever wormed them?
She's sitting slightly like she has a reputation issue.
She’s been eating feed with only 3 ingredients but has also had feed with more ingredients
No soy feed organic. Yes I think it’s a reproductive issue. No I have not dewormed her.
Wouldn’t I see worms in her poop

She’s been eating feed with only 3 ingredients but has also had feed with more ingredients
No soy feed organic. Yes I think it’s a reproductive issue. No I have not dewormed her.
Wouldn’t I see worms in her poop
What are those ingredients? You need to get her on a real formulated feed asap, she's also starving and suffering from malnutrition.
Can you feel any bloating between her legs?

I do not believe she’s starving. The feed with the 3 ingredients has not been her diet that long. I gave her apple cider vinegar in water. She gets a lot of healthy scraps. I believe she had whatever this is before I got her. I went to Tractor Supply to get dewormer and they said they don’t sell it anymore. They said you can’t get it. That’s crazy because 6 months ago I bought it in California. I’m in TN now. As I said before the other hens I have from this lady that care for her chickens well have no issues. So it’s puzzling to me. I will keep working at this. Thanks for your input

I do not believe she’s starving. The feed with the 3 ingredients has not been her diet that long. I gave her apple cider vinegar in water. She gets a lot of healthy scraps. I believe she had whatever this is before I got her. I went to Tractor Supply to get dewormer and they said they don’t sell it anymore. They said you can’t get it. That’s crazy because 6 months ago I bought it in California. I’m in TN now. As I said before the other hens I have from this lady that care for her chickens well have no issues. So it’s puzzling to me. I will keep working at this. Thanks for your input
Since you're not the original owner, it could be any number of issues since we dont know her previous care or age. Unfortunatly, it doesn’t take long for deficiency. What are those three ingredients she's eating? Can you get valbzen goat or horse wormer?
Is there swelling between her legs
Healthy scraps actually aren't all that healthy

Since you're not the original owner, it could be any number of issues since we dont know her previous care or age. Unfortunatly, it doesn’t take long for deficiency. What are those three ingredients she's eating? Can you get valbzen goat or horse wormer?
Is there swelling between her legs
Healthy scraps actually aren't all that healthy
Yes I can get the valbzen horse or goat wormer, no swelling between her legs. 3 ingredients are peas corn wheat. I realize that’s not enough.

Ongoing issue
I still have this problem with this hen
Almost limps does not lay. Walks very low to ground, sits a lot. I improved her feed.
Here are more pics

Attachments

• IMG_8011.jpeg
    IMG_8011.jpeg
    782.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8010.jpeg
    IMG_8010.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
Ongoing issue
I still have this problem with this hen
Almost limps does not lay. Walks very low to ground, sits a lot. I improved her feed.
Here are more pics
Does some have recommendation for a dewormer. I have not done that yet

Back
Top Bottom