Hen keeps sitting down //Help//

EYP is often not treatable. The fluid you tried to extract was possibly from the EYP and not ascites. Even vets have a difficult time adequately draining EYP fluid. Ascites fluid is an amber fluid, very watery.

Both conditions are inevitably fatal. But hens can live a long time with them. As long a she's vocal, and she does seem very vocal, she's feeling fine. It's when a vocal hen goes mute that she's very sick and near the end.
The fluid that I extracted was from the previous hen whom we had to cull because her condition kept getting worse.

The hen, her name is Cupcake, whom I started this thread for hasn't given an egg for around a week and her abdomen is hard and she is pale. She is the one who was sitting down constantly due to bumblefoot.

The hen who is being vocal is a different one. She is extremely active and is fine. I was just worried that she may be vocal because her egg is getting stuck. But that was not the case I suppose.

The fluid that I extracted was from the previous hen whom we had to cull because her condition kept getting worse.

The hen, her name is Cupcake, whom I started this thread for hasn't given an egg for around a week and her abdomen is hard and she is pale. She is the one who was sitting down constantly due to bumblefoot.

The hen who is being vocal is a different one. She is extremely active and is fine. I was just worried that she may be vocal because her egg is getting stuck. But that was not the case I suppose.
Do you think she is moulting? Or is she just getting old? My Easter Eggers never lay eggs. They are one year old and super healthy. So much for a colorful basket! ;)

Do you think she is moulting? Or is she just getting old? My Easter Eggers never lay eggs. They are one year old and super healthy. So much for a colorful basket! ;)
She isn't molting. She actually grew back all of her feather a month ago from her head due to excessive mating. She is done growing them back.
Easter Eggers are extremely cute though! You get extra fluff hugs from them

She isn't molting. She actually grew back all of her feather a month ago from her head due to excessive mating. She is done growing them back.
Easter Eggers are extremely cute though! You get extra fluff hugs from them
They are cute. But my point is some hens stop laying really early.
How old is Cupcake? Love that name by the way!

I have hens of different age and she is the youngest one in my flock!

How many of your Easter Eggers have stopped laying? And how does their abdomen feel?
I only have two, and one is moulting, so she might still lay, but one, Tillie, (profile pic on the right) stopped laying altogether! She is not moulting and looks fabulous. Her abdomen does feel normal though.
I find however, that my Australorps are not very good layers.

I only have two, and one is moulting, so she might still lay, but one, Tillie, (profile pic on the right) stopped laying altogether! She is not moulting and looks fabulous. Her abdomen does feel normal though.
I find however, that my Australorps are not very good layers.
Mine also aren't good layers. I have 7 hens, yet I only get 1-3 eggs daily.
There was a time where I'd get 4-5 daily.

Tillie is so cute!

Back
Top Bottom