Hen keeps sitting down //Help//

Mine also aren't good layers. I have 7 hens, yet I only get 1-3 eggs daily.
There was a time where I'd get 4-5 daily.

Tillie is so cute!
I might have to add some in the spring… I have six chickens. 2 Eggers 2 Australorps and 2 Rhode Island reds.
F556ECCE-4E75-4351-961C-26DDB3C84E04.jpeg

Well during quarantine, life at home was boring. Father just brought chicks because I askes him to. Never thought I'd become this emotionally invested in them and grow the flock.
Chickens are addicting. If you think your hen is egg bound, try watching her to see if she poops. If she does, then she probably is not egg bound.

Chickens are addicting. If you think your hen is egg bound, try watching her to see if she poops. If she does, then she probably is not egg bound.
She is not egg bound. She is acting fine and eating but is looking pale. She has a hard and firm abdomen.
And she is also being bullied a lot. She prefers to stay away from the crowd. It was not like this before. Even when the others bullied her, she'd still try to sneak in and eat. But now she chooses to stay away. I find that odd and concerning.

She is not egg bound. She is acting fine and eating but is looking pale. She has a hard and firm abdomen.
And she is also being bullied a lot. She prefers to stay away from the crowd. It was not like this before. Even when the others bullied her, she'd still try to sneak in and eat. But now she chooses to stay away. I find that odd and concerning.
You might want to give her a crate, so she is in the run, but has her own food and water setup.

Back
Top Bottom