Hen limping with warm foot! HHHHHHHEEEEEEELLLLPP

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chickgirl12, Oct 14, 2014.

1. chickgirl12

chickgirl12 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2014
    Indiana
    I have an Amerucana chicken that is limping and doesn't use his foot. The age of it is abut 6 months. She is not lighter or heavier than the others. From morning to night, she wakes up and jumps down from her roost log. She is hopping on her right foot while lifting up her left foot. When I let all of my 4 chickens out, the other three run around the yard. My limping bird gets tired of trying to keep up with them so she just sits in the coop. She is still laying eggs though. Today is the second day of this symptom. No other birds are doing the same thing. There is no bleeding, but I don't know if their is any injury. I also don't know what could have happened. She is drinking normally and eating normally. The poop looks okay, just like normal. My mom feels her leg every day, and it seems to be hotter than her other leg. I don't know how to cure the problem. That is what I need responses for. When I get a picture, I will post it.

2. mtngirl35

mtngirl35 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2013
    Tennessee
    Does she have an abcess or scab on her foot? If she does it could be bumblefoot.

1 person likes this.
  3. chickgirl12

May 31, 2014
    Indiana
    It is more like in her leg.

4. chickgirl12

May 31, 2014
    Indiana
    Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks for your help. I appreciate the thought.

5. chickgirl12

May 31, 2014
    Indiana
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here are the photos of her, if that is any help

6. Hbarth12

Hbarth12 Out Of The Brooder

Hi Anna it's Hannah Barth. Have you held ice on its foot or maybe see if there is a lump on it? If there is maybe you should take it to the vet and see what they say. Or you can bring it to my house and my mom can look at it. [​IMG]

7. chickgirl12

May 31, 2014
    Indiana
    Mom says to just wait a few days. If it doesn't clear up for a while I would comsider your mom to look at her. Thanks Hannah! See you at next class!

1 person likes this.
  8. Hbarth12

You are very welcome I wish the best for your chicken [​IMG]

9. Hbarth12

How is your chicken Anna. Is her foot still very warm

10. chickgirl12

May 31, 2014
    Indiana
    Didn't check this morning