Hen loosing feathers and wheezing...please make suggestion

Yes Merchris, it will until you get the antibiotic into them for the first 24 hours. If you see them worsening then if you can, call a vet, or find dlhunicorn, she is full of wisdom!

The Fat and Finish can be compared to other feeds, I believe it is 20% protein and 4% fat (more then layer pellets). I read on BYC that adding a game feed or higher cal and fat which you can do on your own by giving them scrambled eggs, lentals, meat, fats such as olive oil will give them more energy at this low energy time. Also different grains give them nice strong source of B vites.
But getting back to reading this on this site was a man claiming that his show birds would recieve a feed to improve the feathers and shine, so I thought why not do it to feed their bodies for such a difficult event. I did, now they are shinning and singing again.

Good luck to you with the breathing problems, my Frieda chicken had a respritory issue in the summer, came out of it with Terramycin, of course she thought it to be great, I would dip bread in the medicated water to make sure she got a decent amount. Of course she would stand on my lap for her treats. lol.
There is life after respritory issues.

Thanks so much once again. I just came in from giving everyone that yogurt mixture. Of course the one hen didn't get as much as I wanted right now, but I'm going to try again later. Hubby is going to go by TSC tomorrow and get the antibiotics. I also got AC vinegar to put in their water as someone else suggested. Mind as well try to get all angles. I just hate seeing them not feel well.

Back
Top Bottom