hen making new sounds

Sweet! That is a beautiful one! Yea I am noticing now the other chickens holding their wings out. I am gonna watch her like a hawk now to see if she lays it. I am literally spending this whole afternoon watching my chickens.
smile.png
I love em.

who would have known chickens would be addicting! we literally have hundreds of pictures of ours. and movies. we got them when they were a week old and today is their 22 week birthday. we have 5 black australorps and 3 EE's. only 2 EE's are laying and 1 black australorp. we keep hoping for more. at least some more are starting to squat now.
rich

Everything is falling together. I also have noticed that her comb and wattles are exceptionally red. She is a black bird and normally you dont even notice them, but they are really sticking out now - very red against the black. This is cool! quite a learning experience!

just wait. it gets even better! the more you are with them the more they will hang around you. be sure to take them summer treats and you will be amazed how much they will come to you and talk to you. be sure to make slow movements so they aren't scared and they will really gather around and you will be able to pet them when they squat for you. our little Fork is our favorite 'cause she is the runt. she gets a little special treatment and she is always wanting to get on us. she rides around on my back or shoulders every chance she gets. it's a hoot!
rich
decided to put a pic of Fork squatting just for fun.
100_1213.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom