Hen moving slow with tail down

It is probably not diet unless, all of them are sick and acting weird.

A lot of people tend to over fret things. If she is really sick, getting her out of there is probably a good idea.
I just say diet cause that’s what they’ve been eating ever since they’ve lived out in the coop. I’ll separate her from the rest for a while. Is it possible she has a sour crop or an egg bound?

Yahh I mix it with the layer feed I don’t use it as treats. They’ve been eating this for about a month or 2 now.
Not good. The scratch dilutes the already minimal nutrition of the layer feed.
What exact layer feed are you using...and what ratio do you mix the scratch in??
Is the "grit" you also(?) mix in Oyster Shell or Granite Grit?

Not good. The scratch dilutes the already minimal nutrition of the layer feed.
What exact layer feed are you using...and what ratio do you mix the scratch in??
Is the "grit" you also(?) mix in Oyster Shell or Granite Grit?
This is the layer feed I use. I don’t use oyster shells just granite grit in the mix I thought it would be healthy for them. But now I know to just use layer food. My hen is not her self but she’s drinking a lot and still pooping she’s not really eating much but I did give her some plain Greek yogurt. Should I be considered if she’s not really eating her food?

Attachments

• 7961CFCA-8E5F-45FD-BED3-A894A062554A.jpeg
    7961CFCA-8E5F-45FD-BED3-A894A062554A.jpeg
    237.7 KB · Views: 0
This is the layer feed I use. I don’t use oyster shells just granite grit in the mix I thought it would be healthy for them. But now I know to just use layer food. My hen is not her self but she’s drinking a lot and still pooping she’s not really eating much but I did give her some plain Greek yogurt. Should I be considered if she’s not really eating her food?
I don't feed them anything but their regular feed and plain water until I have a better idea of what might be wrong after a couple days of the isolation I outlined above.

I did see that she pooped and it’s like a slimy green with some yellow spots I’m not sure if that’s normal?
Check to make sure her crop is emptying. I would not mix the grit and scratch with the feed. Provide the grit free choice and give the scratch sparingly as a treat.

I'll mention it again. Photos would be helpful. Thanks!
Photos would be helpful. Poop and pullet - Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom