Hen not moving, drinking or eating

Okay, thank you for the advice. I'll look her over again and be as thorough as possible. If she doesn't get any better and keeps deteriorating I'll have to try to find a vet (which could be hard with lockdown still happening). Thank you again for all your help, I really appreciate it.

Okay, thank you for the advice. I'll look her over again and be as thorough as possible. If she doesn't get any better and keeps deteriorating I'll have to try to find a vet (which could be hard with lockdown still happening). Thank you again for all your help, I really appreciate it.
Any time. Thats what we are here for. Not sure how things are in england but you might be able to get a virtual visit at least. Best of luck. We are rooting for her!

If you could see a vet that would be best. Has she been drinking since yesterday? I would make sure that she is well hydrated with electrolytes or sugar water. Offer some scrambled egg bits, wet chicken feed mash in water. The best time to check her crop is early morning where it should be flat. If it still feels full and slightly firm, it may not be functioning well. Coconut oil, shilled a little and cut into small pieces to peck, can be helpful to help her crop empty. Massage the crop several times a day after she eats the coconut oil. Are her poops still normal?

If you could see a vet that would be best. Has she been drinking since yesterday? I would make sure that she is well hydrated with electrolytes or sugar water. Offer some scrambled egg bits, wet chicken feed mash in water. The best time to check her crop is early morning where it should be flat. If it still feels full and slightly firm, it may not be functioning well. Coconut oil, shilled a little and cut into small pieces to peck, can be helpful to help her crop empty. Massage the crop several times a day after she eats the coconut oil. Are her poops still normal?
We managed to syringe her some sugar water with salt and bicarbonate of soda every hour or so. She also ate a little bit of scrambled egg, which is good. She was drinking water yesterday before she started acting strange, but she hasn't been interested in it since then. She seems more active than yesterday, she's moving around a little but she still seems weak and hasn't opened her eyes yet. I'll have to go and get some coconut oil because we don't have any on hand at the moment, thank you for the advice. Her poop seems normal, but she's not pooped much and it's pretty solid. It's late now but tomorrow morning I will check her crop. Thank you so much for all of your help.

Sounds like she is eating and drinking which is very positive! Just keep an eye on her. She could have been shocked by something but as long as she is eating you should be good. You could try giving her some electrolytes and see if that helps. Gatorade is a good substitute if you dont have nutradrench on hand

*I'm posting this again because there's no replies on my previous post and I'm getting desperate, I'm really worried about her.*

Hello, in need of some help please. We recently got two five month old Silkie chickens, a hen and a rooster. We've had them for about three weeks and they've been doing great, if a little timid. We noticed that our hen was lay still in the grass and went to go check on her. She wasn't responding at all, she just lay there and didn't shy away from us like she usually does. Fifteen minutes earlier she had been running around and seemed fine. We brought her inside and out her in a box and tried to offer her water, but she didn't take it so we tried to syringe her some. Her eyes are closed and she isn't moving, her breathing seems to be okay - kind of slow and deep. She feels and looks fine, no lice or ticks, not thin. Our rooster is seemingly healthy, acting completely normal. We read sugar water with some salt and bicarbonate of soda is what we should try, so we tried to syringe her some of that but she won't take any. Does anyone know what could be wrong with her? Any advice is really appreciated, thank you
take her to the vet news flash !!! they are lifting the Newcastle virus thing so vets will see chickens again . get her there asap !!!!!

Back
Top Bottom