Hen or roo pics.

So none of the chicks could have their mother’s genetic information? They’d all be barred if barred rock was daddy? I’ve also got a blue chick with barring. Most do have some form of barring just more subtle. But I AM happy that I do have a few from King Ghiddorah. He was beautiful.

So none of the chicks could have their mother’s genetic information? They’d all be barred if barred rock was daddy? I’ve also got a blue chick with barring. Most do have some form of barring just more subtle. But I AM happy that I do have a few from King Ghiddorah. He was beautiful.
Most probably do have the barred rooster as their father. Just not this one. Black sex linkage works the other way around with a barred hen and a solid rooster. But if the rooster is barred, all chicks will be barred.

The chicks have their mother’s genetics, it’s just that a father with two copies of the barring gene always passes on one barring gene to his offspring.

Back
Top Bottom