Hen or Roo??? Please Help!!!!!!!

RoOBoY

Hatching
7 Years
May 4, 2012
I have 5 Barred rocks and have noticed that one looks a lot like a rooster. They are friendly right??? And if we want eggs to eat should we seperate him from the hens??? He seems to like me, and its only a guess that its a rooster ........Also, one of the hens has tons of feathers missing on the sides of her neck and her back, I don't think they're old enough for any roosters to start bullying the hens....We got the chicks around April 12th. What could be happening???

I thank you in advance for any help :)

I have 5 Barred rocks and have noticed that one looks a lot like a rooster. They are friendly right??? And if we want eggs to eat should we seperate him from the hens??? He seems to like me, and its only a guess that its a rooster ........Also, one of the hens has tons of feathers missing on the sides of her neck and her back, I don't think they're old enough for any roosters to start bullying the hens....We got the chicks around April 12th. What could be happening???

I thank you in advance for any help :)
If you post a picture we can help tell you if it's a rooster. :) I know you're new so you might not be able to post one, but shouldn't be long now!

With barred rocks, the males are generally lighter than the females and you'll get the red comb/wattles in earlier. Yes, if you collect your eggs every day you can eat the eggs without worrying, even if the rooster is in with the hens.

You said you got them in April, were they babies then?

Last edited:
Yes please post pics,also you can eat eggs even if there is a rooster in with the hens.

Sometimes chicks feather in weird and they go through that freaky looking stage.

I have an album you may be able to see him or her from titled RooBoy???? My phone is not letting me browse for a picture from my gallery.........

Back
Top Bottom