Hen or rooster... So confused....

KittyKattens

Chirping
Apr 21, 2019
So back in the spring I bought what we thought was Cornish cross... Turned out to be salmon favorelle chickens. At the time I had 10, 9 dark colored and 1 white color.... Well they have grown and the white one has decided to start crowing. ..Am I dealing with a white favorelle rooster, or just a weird female? No eggs yet to confirm female.
IMG_20190904_080221.jpg
IMG_20190904_080227.jpg

So back in the spring I bought what we thought was Cornish cross... Turned out to be salmon favorelle chickens. At the time I had 10, 9 dark colored and 1 white color.... Well they have grown and the white one has decided to start crowing. ..Am I dealing with a white favorelle rooster, or just a weird female? No eggs yet to confirm female. View attachment 1898102 View attachment 1898101
You are dealing with a cockerel but he is not a pure Salmon Faverolle.
This is.
IMG_20190708_074258429_HDR.jpg

Yours looks like a mixed breed.

Although what are the chances of getting a cross breed from a hatchery? Not saying y'all are wrong I was thinking same thing but was hoping I was wrong.

Although what are the chances of getting a cross breed from a hatchery? Not saying y'all are wrong I was thinking same thing but was hoping I was wrong.
It depends on the hatchery. There's no way he's a pure SF. The boy I posted is. Not show quality, just hatchery but pure.

Back
Top Bottom