Hen or Rooster?

VespaGirl

In the Brooder
7 Years
Nov 2, 2012
Bay Area-California
OK after I found one rooster and am trying to rehome it I am nervous about the others. Maybe I can get rid of it in a package deal type thing. I think they are all hens but then I thought my rooster was a hen. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry I don't know what breed most of them are with the exceptions of the leghorns. We have a few of the same birds so they are not repeat pictures. Thanks!!

Code:
Ages would really help if you know them. Without ages and a few more pics of some of them it is just a guess.

the silver spangled hamburg hen (white & black with no top).

Last edited:
sliver laced polish hen
leghorn hen'
leghorn hen
looks like a salmon favorells hen
leghorn hen
sliver spangled humberg hen
salmon favorells hen
salmon favorells hen
salmon favorells hen

The only one I think might be a roo is that polish. Seems like I can see saddle feathers? I'm not a polish person so don't know about the head feathering, etc for sexing. But a closer profile shot and maybe a good headshot of that bird might help. Everyone else is a girl.

Now knowing the ages I would guess all hens except the polish. I always forget how much comb those leghorn ladies have.

Great birds! I
love.gif
them!

We got rid of our rooster. But this "lady" looks weird to me. She doesn't crow or act aggressive but her comb is bigger than the others. "She" is a bit over 5 months.

Back
Top Bottom