Hen perching during day and acting aggressively

Wayde Griffiths

In the Brooder
Feb 9, 2021
Hi,

I have a hen who I hatched last year and other than being a little skittish she has been a great hen and is currently laying. Recently, however, I have found her inside perching during the day and when I try to touch her or move her she acts kind of like a broody hen (neck feathers up and trying to peck me).

Eventually, when I go into the house she gets up and moves and starts making loads of noise.

Any suggestions what's going on? I thought originally that she might be broody and waiting for the eggs to collect up but she doesn't seem to be showing any interest in the eggs that are in the nesting boxes.

I don't think so, I see her out in the run and when I let them out in the field she's out there with the rest of them.

Hi,

I have a hen who I hatched last year and other than being a little skittish she has been a great hen and is currently laying. Recently, however, I have found her inside perching during the day and when I try to touch her or move her she acts kind of like a broody hen (neck feathers up and trying to peck me).

Eventually, when I go into the house she gets up and moves and starts making loads of noise.

Any suggestions what's going on? I thought originally that she might be broody and waiting for the eggs to collect up but she doesn't seem to be showing any interest in the eggs that are in the nesting boxes.
I have a hen doing the same thing. She puffs up and squawks when I come inthe coop. She bit me twice tonight. She doesn’t seem to act this way to the other birds, just people. I don’t noticing her hiding at all. I’m hoping someone has some idea why she is doing this.

Back
Top Bottom