hen ready to be a momma?

sarah41374

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 29, 2011
I have a hen that has been laying very well all summer She was awas a rescue chicken of sorts(her family didnt have time for her)she recently left the coop and started nesting in the weeds...we didnt know were she was for almost 2 weeks...I thought she left because her "sister" was gone forever. But then she came back one day very hungry and clucky. Anyway she hss layed 12 eggs and seems to be staying on them most the time.I didnt want to move her back in the coop so I moved her to the leanto in a dog crate with food and water. I didnt want her getting wet and sick out in the rain. Do you think she will remain with the eggs to hatch them...and is this a good idea this time of year? We are in upstate New York...Should I move her back in with the other chickens or just see if she will stay in the dog crate? She is around 6 or 7 months old.. I have had her since july. Thanks in advance
smile.png

Ok...my computer is crazy and bounces around when i type...that post ment to say..her sister was killed and I thought she had run away scared for almost weeks....wow

Back
Top Bottom