Hen Saddles / Chicken Aprons

Louise's Country Closet

Songster
9 Years
Feb 5, 2010
Garrison, MN
We are available to you nearly 24/7 if you need any help whatsoever. Please PM if you would like my number to talk or feel free to email, as I get them even on my phone so I'm almost always here for you.

Chicken saddles are made to protect your hen's back from a roosters nails and spurs. When a rooster overmates a hen this can lead to serious and sometimes life threatening damage. Backs can become bare in what seems like overnight. Often people think they need to trim the spurs or remove them entirely but that is not necessary with a chicken saddle. Why take away your rooster's best defense in protecting his flock when you can get a chicken saddle?

We make these saddles to allow feather growth without having to separate your hen from the flock or having to remove or trim anything on your rooster. These can also be used during a molt in case there is excessive pecking. Our design covers more for better protection. They are now longer and wider with the bottom to curve around the tail and protect even more! We use high quality materials - the patterned cotton front and a tough duck cloth underneath. The duck cloth has a brushed, softer side to rest against the bare skin of your hen's back and is tough without being thick and heavy so these will still work great in warm weather.

These are the perfect addition to any emergency kit.

If for any reason your saddles do not fit when you receive them, we will gladly exchange them for what you do need (you must pay shipping).

Sizes:
Small - 4"- 5" Long
Medium - 6" - 7" Long
Large - 8" - 9" Long

Extra Large - 10" - 11" Long

Price:
Without Snaps: $5.00
With Snaps: $5.50
Shipping is free and comes with tracking number.
*Our saddles are high quality fabrics and materials, we only buy the best!*

Feel free to visit our site www.chickensaddles.com to buy or see what fabric you would like, you're more than welcome to post here to buy and I will give you my PayPal email address.

We measure from the base of the neck to the base of the tail for the length and how far we want it over their sides. If you need more help measuring, please feel free to leave a message here! Also, if you need a custom one don't hesitate to contact us, we are happy to help at no extra charge!

We also have a Butterfly Saddle:

butterflysaddlead__54567_zoom.jpg

Like the regular chicken saddle, the Butterfly Saddle is meant to cover a hen's back to allow feather growth, or even to protect her before it happens. Some overzealous rooster's do damage to the wings as well which can be hard to cover - but not anymore!

Our Butterfly Saddle is all one piece and snaps underneath the wings making it incredibly easy to put on and stay on.
Your hen will be able to flap her wings and move around normally; this does nothing to inhibit your hen's ability to do anything. Not only will your chickens look stylish in these, but they're also great to have in your emergency kit!

butterflysaddle__86317_zoom.jpg

Last edited:
I'm trying to buy from your site and its saying free shipping time has expired and to go back to my cart. Then I do it all over again and its saying the same thing, so i'm confused because there is no other shipping option but the free one???
idunno.gif

I was trying to order some more chicken saddles (loved the ones I just got from you!) and the coupon code no longer works. Is that because I already used it once? It says it is expired whenever I try and enter the code.

Back
Top Bottom