Hen(?) suddenly started crowing after removal of Roo?

Now that bird looks like a hen approaching point of lay.
smile.png
I see no pointy saddle feathers, and usually comb and wattles redden up as hens approach maturity.

His saddle and tail feathers are much more pointed and 'flowy' than Guinness' are. Legs are much thicker. He also looks younger than she is, which would explain the similar looking wattles and comb. Those reddish patches on his body and wings is also a very roosterish trait.

Here's a wcb polish hen I had showing the green coloring, and she was very much a hen
smile.png

His saddle and tail feathers are much more pointed and 'flowy' than Guinness' are. Legs are much thicker. He also looks younger than she is, which would explain the similar looking wattles and comb. Those reddish patches on his body and wings is also a very roosterish trait.

Here's a wcb polish hen I had showing the green coloring, and she was very much a hen
smile.png
That is one cool looking chicken!!
Loving her afro :D

Doomy had a LOT of red in his feathers, much more than the photo shows. Guinness was adopted at a later date than Doomy so I don't actually know how old she is because she was hatched at a different day care centre (school hatchery program).

Thanks, I loved them too. I no longer have them, though. white silkies are my obsession now
wink.png

Guinness looks like she'll give you eggs soon, though.
clap.gif
she looks quite mature.

Back
Top Bottom