Hen unable to stand

Celestial18

Chirping
Apr 3, 2022
My roosters hormones have gone a bit wild, I truly believe he caused this. I don't think this is Mareks, but is anyone familiar with roosters being able to cause injuries to the point of the hen unable to stand?

Attachments

• 20220630_112000.jpg
    20220630_112000.jpg
    396.2 KB · Views: 3
How old is she? How many birds, sexes, ages, in how much space? First thing I would do is get a super B complex tablet or capsule (human ones) and give one a day. Just put it in her beak and let her swallow, or mix it emptied or ground up in a bit of moistened feed. Some deficiencies in the B's can cause neuro muscular sypmtoms like this. I would crate her until she's improved so that she doesn't get injured and so you can monitor eating, drinking, and droppings.

How old is she? How many birds, sexes, ages, in how much space? First thing I would do is get a super B complex tablet or capsule (human ones) and give one a day. Just put it in her beak and let her swallow, or mix it emptied or ground up in a bit of moistened feed. Some deficiencies in the B's can cause neuro muscular sypmtoms like this. I would crate her until she's improved so that she doesn't get injured and so you can monitor eating, drinking, and droppings.
Shes 4 months, only 4 birds her age are with her. They free range. I believe you are absolutely correct, I honestly think this is a deficiency, thank you so much. I'm getting her vitamins today. Poor sweet girl. I really appreciate the feedback.

Back
Top Bottom