Hen vs Incubator

Well, I have a new home for all of them. So they will all go to the same home. I am not sure if the babies could be put back with mom at this point though. They will all have to be integrated back together. Thanks for your advice, I just think that considering the roo's temperment, it was the best thing for me and my kids. If I were a man and did not have small kids I could probably let the hen raise them and then try to make them more friendly over time. I also don't lke the idea of them going to a new home unless they are tame. The guy that is getting all of them is fully aware of this roo's temperment and says that since the roo is young he thinks he may come around. He has had OEGB's for years but lost them all and has not had them in a whle. He is ready to start again and is working on his coop, etc. Then all the OEGB's will go with him. The more I read about them and the more I am around them, the more I am convinced that they are just not for me. I only got the first two because they were given to me and I had been wanting to get chickens. I like the hen and she but she is not easlily handled either. So I think I am doing the right thing for my situation. I am sure there are those that have and love OEGB's but they are just not my pick for the type chickens I want to raise. Good luck with all of yours. I do plan to let my silkies raise their own babies and will see how that goes. It will be a while but I do plan to let them at that point.

marie

Back
Top Bottom