Hen wheezing, sneeze/cough, strained inhale.

A videographer, I am not. Lol, and my hen just wasn't having it either. She seems to have improved significantly from yesterday though! I'm not sure if you can hear it but she is still wheezing a bit, kind of hoarse sounding with her little hen chatter but her sneezes are small and without gasping!

...ok I can't get the videos to upload...sorry.

A videographer, I am not. Lol, and my hen just wasn't having it either. She seems to have improved significantly from yesterday though! I'm not sure if you can hear it but she is still wheezing a bit, kind of hoarse sounding with her little hen chatter but her sneezes are small and without gasping!

...ok I can't get the videos to upload...sorry.
I'm glad that she has improved!

For video, upload to youtube and provide a link. The BYC upload does not work at all!:(

I'm sorry to say that she's still contending with this 3 weeks later...her honking cough seems to come and go with severity but the frog sized lump has prevailed...no amount of massaging, oil, or grit seems to be breaking it up though she does seem to be looking forward to her daily treatment now, lol. This might sound crazy but could it be a tumor? I'm completely out of ideas on what to do for her. I haven't tried docusate sodium yet just because it seems wrong to give my chicken a laxative but if that's really the only option left I'll try it...

I'm sorry to say that she's still contending with this 3 weeks later...her honking cough seems to come and go with severity but the frog sized lump has prevailed...no amount of massaging, oil, or grit seems to be breaking it up though she does seem to be looking forward to her daily treatment now, lol. This might sound crazy but could it be a tumor? I'm completely out of ideas on what to do for her. I haven't tried docusate sodium yet just because it seems wrong to give my chicken a laxative but if that's really the only option left I'll try it...
I'm sorry that she is still not getting better!

No, not crazy to think it could be a tumor, that's a possibility you just never know.
If you decide to give Ducosate Sodium make sure it's stimulant free Stool Softener, not the laxative. I can't necessarily safe it's 100% safe to use, as backyard keepers sometimes we do what we have to do. I will say I have used stool softener to help break up a stubborn crop that was not moving very well. It's more of a give 1 time only thing. I do know some have given it a couple of days in a row, but for me, it helped. I did follow up with several days of coconut oil, massages, etc. it takes time to get a crop issue resolved sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom