Hen with limp

Chirpychirper

Hatching
Jun 11, 2016
Abiquiu, NM
Hi all, so I have a young hen (a little over 6 months old) who recently developed a limp. I noticed it today. I checked for any sign of injury etc but couldn't find anything, and touching the leg/foot didn't seem to bother her. She otherwise seems fairly healthy, although she's not walking around as much right now. Anyone know what could be going on?

I'm having the same problem. My favorite little girl Pam starting limping about a week ago. We checked her foot, no sores, we tried giving her half a mini aspirin and that seemed to work a little bit so I'm thinking a sprain or something? But I hate to see her limping. She's still laying and eating. Some days are more pronounced than others. Haven't tried to contain her yet (she and the other 2 will go nuts if they're locked up or separated) but looking like it may be our only option. I am new to chicken keeping so I'm an overprotective chicken mum!
1f622.png

I have a hen who started limping on the 24th. Now she just lays around, she will get up and hobble, but not much else. Looked for bumble foot found nothing. Just a worried new mom.

Back
Top Bottom