Hen With Squishy Crop - Advice Needed

Anyone tried the spice recipe in addition to the monistat cream? We are in the middle of treating a dough ball as well. Getting ready to try a round of the spice treatment to move the ball...skeptical but hopeful.

If you're doing any experiment to see if one works or the other does, you don't want to do them at the same time.

The miconazole is proven to treat yeast while it's not known if your spice recipe will do anything. So if you do both, how do you know it wasn't just the miconazole getting rid of the yeast? Unless you don't care and you're just throwing as much at it as you can to try to hurry things up, that is. But that is faulty logic.

If you heartily believe the spice will work, then use it alone for a few days to see if it works or doesn't. Or just skip it and go with what's known to work. Miconazole.

I've had these same thoughts, and definitely do not want to burden her system with several things unnatural to her. Many I see love the recipe but it looks to me like it could burn a hole through the mucosal lining. Sticking with the miconazole, warm water by syringe and massage. We have the mild solution of the apple cidar vinegar available with probiotics powder. We are only one day 2-3 of the monistat and there has been no change at this point. I'm having trouble getting anything in by syringe because she jerks her head and beak around fighting me. What's the trick?

The trick is to keep it simple and to be firm with her. I squeeze out half an inch of miconazole onto my finger and prying open her beak, I wipe the cream off inside her beak. That's all there is to it.

Back
Top Bottom