Hen with watery yellow/white poo, kinda lethargic.. any ideas?

Aloishhh

Chirping
Dec 5, 2021
Bellevue, Nebraska
So here's my girl, she's a couple years old normally lays. don't think she's been laying recently. Don't know honestly when she stopped. But, I have noticed her staying by herself even when they've been kept inside the last few days due to cold weather. Her tail has been down, I'd say I noticed this about 5 days ago. I did give her an Epsom salt bath 2 nights ago, kept her inside over night and rejoined the flock the next afternoon. Yesterday she didn't come out, even tho she'd been cooped up for a few days, but when I kinda shooed her outside, the roo(not surprisingly) kinda went after her and then a couple other gals did too. She went and hid face first in a bush where I grabbed her and brought her inside and penned her by herself, but where the others would still see her. She almost immediately went into the roosting hutch where she apparently stayed all day and night. I just let everyone out and she was still inside the box. I flipped up the top and pulled her out and opened a window to a sectioned off yard. But she didn't really want to go out, even tho she did. But before she left the window she peed from her butt the yellow and green mush in a pretty good amount of water. So I'm wondering what the deal could be. She's not like on deaths door imo, but she's just not right. And also the poo that I just saw is obviously not normal. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

20220314_090529.jpg
20220314_090537.jpg

I feel like I’m dealing with the same issue, except add a couple of shell-less eggs. Have you gotten any responses? Has it resolved at all?

I mean she's kinda fine. Never had the shell less egg thing tho. She's been more social so I really don't know. I was scrolling through the other posts in this category and found some possibilities, like worms, coccidiosis or something, but I just kinda let her do her thing and she's fine, mostly. Good luck. Hope your chicken feels better.

I mean she's kinda fine. Never had the shell less egg thing tho. She's been more social so I really don't know. I was scrolling through the other posts in this category and found some possibilities, like worms, coccidiosis or something, but I just kinda let her do her thing and she's fine, mostly. Good luck. Hope your chicken feels better.

Thanks! I’ve been treating my hen for coccidiosis after sifting through some other answers. I think that’s what it is. She’s rebounding pretty well, still being a picky eater but eating! Thanks for your reply 😊

Thanks! I’ve been treating my hen for coccidiosis after sifting through some other answers. I think that’s what it is. She’s rebounding pretty well, still being a picky eater but eating! Thanks for your reply 😊
What did you end up doing for her then? I just saw my girl last night. She's been eating and j,just sauntering around the yard lately so I haven't thought anything of it, but I heard her take the most watery poop last night. And by no surprise, it was green again(or still). Anyway, I'm gonna have to treat for that I'm sure. Ugh

Back
Top Bottom