Hen

fillet

Hatching
6 Years
May 2, 2013
My neighbour forced me to get rid of my cockerals by complaining to the local authority. That was in September last year. since then one of my females have learnt to crow and act like a cockeral. she has developed a healthy comb and tail feathers and ruffles around the neck. They are now complaining again about my new cockeral! Is this normal for a dominent female and do you know of any cases where this has gone to court and won their cases, this being a freak of nature? I live in a residential neighbourhood.

It's pretty common for a dominant hen to start crowing if there is no rooster present, although I haven't heard of hens actually changing characteristics to that of a rooster. How old is she? Are you sure she wasn't just a late blooming rooster? Mine didn't start crowing until 9 months.

It's pretty common for a dominant hen to start crowing if there is no rooster present, although I haven't heard of hens actually changing characteristics to that of a rooster. How old is she? Are you sure she wasn't just a late blooming rooster? Mine didn't start crowing until 9 months.
. For real ?

She is about 14 months old. she only started crowing three weeks ago. the flock have been without a rooster since August last year. the roosters often mated her. she always went around with the dominent cockeral.

Back
Top Bottom