henny1129's Chat Thread! Anyone welcome!

Hi, guys! It's been SOOOOOOO busy here! :frow  

I wish I could give you some good advice, Isabel, but I don't know what I would do.:confused:  The last hen we had that picked incessantly was a RIR, and she's gone to another home now because she tore a huge hole in Alex's back. :hit  Bali (our Black Sumatra) is a bit of a pick, but not excessively.

~Alex 

Hello! :frow Our RIR used to pick on the other chickens but something happened and now she's on the bottom of the pecking order and gets pecked. :idunno
I think I have an idea... when I took my one silkie out for bumblefoot treatment, they must have re-sorted the pecking order out with the one silkie ending up on bottom. I think if I take crow out for a few days, then reintroduce her, theyll have to sort out the pecking order again and maybe the silkies will end up back on top. Might work... worst that could go wrong is the silkie still gets picked on. :idunno

It's amazing how quickly chickens can make a new pecking order! Sounds like you've got a good idea of what to do though, I didn't think of that. :) Good luck!

I think I have an idea... when I took my one silkie out for bumblefoot treatment, they must have re-sorted the pecking order out with the one silkie ending up on bottom. I think if I take crow out for a few days, then reintroduce her, theyll have to sort out the pecking order again and maybe the silkies will end up back on top. Might work... worst that could go wrong is the silkie still gets picked on.
idunno.gif
That's a lightbulb moment for sure!
thumbsup.gif
I would try it!

~Alex

I think I have an idea... when I took my one silkie out for bumblefoot treatment, they must have re-sorted the pecking order out with the one silkie ending up on bottom. I think if I take crow out for a few days, then reintroduce her, theyll have to sort out the pecking order again and maybe the silkies will end up back on top. Might work... worst that could go wrong is the silkie still gets picked on. :idunno

That's a lightbulb moment for sure! :thumbsup   I would try it!

~Alex
Glad getting good feedback about that idea... I was hoping it wasn't as dumb as it sounded :lau

Back
Top Bottom