Hens and Young Hawk and No Clue

Great conversation!:lau
:lau Well, you put me in my place and I couldn’t argue with your statement of ‘Perspective.’ It all truly lies with the perspective. Right? I really think just about everything does. I had seen the hawk video before and was awestruck. I do have a dislike for them because we have opposing goals, death vs life of my flock. However, I do still respect them AND they are beautiful. Okay, enough good said about them. Over and out, my friend. :lau

Hawk eating a snake on one of by Bluebird nest boxes then went to the bird baths for a bath and drink, sorry for the blurry.
IMG_20180826_092608.jpg
IMG_20180730_084715.jpg

Last edited:
:lau Well, you put me in my place and I couldn’t argue with your statement of ‘Perspective.’ It all truly lies with the perspective. Right? I really think just about everything does. I had seen the hawk video before and was awestruck. I do have a dislike for them because we have opposing goals, death vs life of my flock. However, I do still respect them AND they are beautiful. Okay, enough good said about them. Over and out, my friend. :lau
Actually, I have a similar view of Bald Eagles. They are awesome birds of prey, wonderful to watch, and when all is well on the river, they eat fish and leave everyone else alone. However, this year all was not well and they killed a bunch of chickens around here, including some of mine. :barnie I wasn't exactly loving them.:rant:smack All is well on the river again, and my chickens are better protected. :oops: I learned the hard way. So, I wasn't actually trying to argue. Just a little fun. :plbb If we can't laugh we'll be crying all the time over these birds of prey. I love them, but I love my chickens more.:love

I am in the Madison and Eisenhower area.

The Fox are back in town too.
Every fall when I drop my coop Windows they are covered in coon tracks. So far none have made it into the run.

Very close! 5 min away.

I love the foxes...as long as they leave my chooks alone. I have 2 large dogs so the coons have stayed away for the most part (knock wood). Planning on a very secure coop and run so hopefully the worst I have is feet prints, too.

Very close! 5 min away.

I love the foxes...as long as they leave my chooks alone. I have 2 large dogs so the coons have stayed away for the most part (knock wood). Planning on a very secure coop and run so hopefully the worst I have is feet prints, too.

Yup just a stone's throw away. :p

I have a small broody house I built that I will be selling. If you want to see it let me know.
It IS small but built with 2x3, real siding and the run is done with 1/4" hardware cloth.
I have it taken apart right now but will have it set up out front this next weekend for our yard sale.

Not sure if you even need a coop/run but thought I would throw it out there just in case.

Back
Top Bottom