Hens attacking single hen

finlay225

In the Brooder
Feb 24, 2016
Hi, I have had chickens for 8 years, and have very slowly built up my flock to 13 hens. All of a sudden today I heard a real commotion from the hen run, and a number of hens were attacking one hen. It was cowering, and bleeding on it's head. I removed it, spayed blue antibiotic spray on the wound, and left it wondering round the garden. It appears to be eating and drinking alright. When I tried to put it back, the whole flock were wanting to peck at it or attack. Really nasty. So I have separated it for now, but still in view of the others. Any ideas what to do next and what might of caused this? Not had anything like this before.

Has she been with this flock the whole time or is she a new introduction? Once injured they can be relentless. Keep her separate but in sight at least til she heals.

Thanks a lot for your reply. Yes she been with them the whole time. But will keep her separate for now.

Do you think that she may be sick? Maybe try giving the main culprits some time out and putting her back with the flock and seeing how she goes?

Hi! The problem is that they are all picking on her She may have something wrong with her, but appears ok tbh. Will see how thing go! Thanks for your reply.

Back
Top Bottom