Hens been sick for weeks

D9D4809D-59B2-42A3-B8E2-08AF9F0AE640.jpeg
If it is salpingitis, then if it's caught early enough antibiotics may treat it. Often once symptoms are seen it's pretty advanced and may not respond to treatment. It is worth a try to see if it helps. I've lost several to salpingitis, none responded to treatment, but I have read of others who's birds have. If the crop is slow or not moving food, it can be a symptom also due to pressure on her digestive tract from the matter building inside her. Diagnosing a gizzard blockage can be difficult unless something (like a foreign object eaten) shows up on xray. When you give her liquids or oil, massage the crop to see if you can get it to loosen up so it's not a hard mass. Slow crops can also feel doughy, when you massage it it feels like bread dough, for doughy crop I've used this to help break it up, but it may recur if the underlying problem is still there.
Mix 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp ginger powder, 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder, 1/2 tsp chili powder, a squirt of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of water. Give it 1/2 ml at a time orally until all of it is given, and massage the crop often while giving it. Do 3 times a day.
Hopefully the antibiotics will help. If she does not make it, consider a necropsy to tell you for sure what happened. Information can be useful and can bring peace of mind.
So here are the pics from her nest

Attachments

• BC9A05B5-4EA6-4CE4-AC06-7E4A878027AB.jpeg
    BC9A05B5-4EA6-4CE4-AC06-7E4A878027AB.jpeg
    562.1 KB · Views: 2
Those do look like small lash eggs to me, so infection is probably the issue. I would take those with you when you return to the vet. You are probably going to need something like Baytril for treatment, if she responds. So sorry, keep us posted on what the vet says and how she does, I hope she can recover.

Back
Top Bottom