Hens not laying

I can't really tell with a photo that blurry. Do you want to try to get a photo of one on the chicken? Is there any sign of eggs at the bottom of their feathers? They would look like one of these. Check below and around the vent, under the wings and around the neck.

View attachment 3547590View attachment 3547591
I couldn't find any signs of eggs and the bug is Grey in color. They aren't black or red or like tiny dots at all. I feel like I've looked at hundreds of pics of mites/fleas/ticks and I just can't find anything that looks quite like it except for that pic I posted but I know that is hard to see as well.😐

So I did some serious searching in the coop today and found tons of Tiny bugs that look like this. I couldn't get a good picture but I found someone posted this before and it's what I've got.. only no one replied to the thread so idk what they are. I did find some on my one chicken too. Any clue what it is?
No clue what it is, but if you found tons of bugs in the coop, clean it out and treat it with a Permethrin based poultry spray.
If the bugs are on your hens, treat them with the spray or dust.
Repeat in 7 day intervals for 2-3 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom