Hens not laying

1, or 2, or maybe 3 (on a good day) from about 19/day. :idunno We are brooding 10 black australorps now in my sewing room. But, I kinda don't want them to even go out in the coop in the weeks to come because I don't know what's up. Of course, they'll have to go. Not to mention I have three EE frizzles coming on their heels with enough time to clean and sanitize the brooder for them. Not complaining, just semi-curious. As I stated an a post of my own I am simply feeding and cleaning, feeding and cleaning up after them, LOL. Whatever it is, I hope it will pass because if my understanding is correct, next year they will be on the downside of laying agewise at 2 years.
It's been over 2 months and mine are still not laying 🙄

Could it be hidden nests for either of you? Any sign of molting? Do they have constant access to fresh and clean water at all times? Were they fed layer feed too young?

Neither of those situations sound normal.

Could it be hidden nests for either of you? Any sign of molting? Do they have constant access to fresh and clean water at all times? Were they fed layer feed too young?

Who knows? Well, we'll continue to take care of them until culling/eating time. Meanwhile, we have some newbies up and coming.

To work for me now. Yaw'll have a great day.

They all molted last fall. And have fresh clean food and water all the time. I started them on layer fee daround 25 weeks I believe. They have clean bedding too. There's not really any place for them to hide eggs from me😕 my roo was being kinda hard on them but we rehomed him a couple weeks ago. I'm totally stumped. I've try oyster shell and nesting herbs too🤷‍♀️

Here is an article about internal parasites.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/internal-parasites-parasitic-worms-in-chickens.66969/

Your predicament still sounds confusing. You may just want to rehome those ones and start over with another breed.
So I did some serious searching in the coop today and found tons of Tiny bugs that look like this. I couldn't get a good picture but I found someone posted this before and it's what I've got.. only no one replied to the thread so idk what they are. I did find some on my one chicken too. Any clue what it is?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230618_210853_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20230618_210853_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    414.6 KB · Views: 4
I can't really tell with a photo that blurry. Do you want to try to get a photo of one on the chicken? Is there any sign of eggs at the bottom of their feathers? They would look like one of these. Check below and around the vent, under the wings and around the neck.

1687139839583.png
1687139875891.png

Back
Top Bottom