Hens or roos? 6 weeks old

CaswellCoop

Chirping
Dec 11, 2021
Deep east Texas
hens or roos? 6 weeks old. One is an EE, one is an australorp. We have 2 of each of these but one of each (the ones pictured) are feeling more and more roo-ish to me. But I'm no expert so I'll let you guys chime in.
20220117_132436.jpg
20220117_130706.jpg
20220117_130657.jpg
20220117_132834.jpg
20220117_132358.jpg
20220117_130529.jpg

The Australorp appears to be a cockeral and the EE looks like

The Australorp is a cockerel; I think the EE is a pullet.
For sure the australorp is a cockrel? Our other ones comb is still yellow and tail feathers are not as big and upright.

As for the EE, we have another just like it but she is much more full looking not as elongated. Also her neck feathers aren't as shaggy as this ones and again the tail isnt as upright and this one looks to have some saddle feathers coming in. But I only have the other one to compare to.

For sure the australorp is a cockrel? Our other ones comb is still yellow and tail feathers are not as big and upright.

As for the EE, we have another just like it but she is much more full looking not as elongated. Also her neck feathers aren't as shaggy as this ones and again the tail isnt as upright and this one looks to have some saddle feathers coming in. But I only have the other one to compare to.
The EE is definitely female.

I didnt know they had different patterns! Can you explain? 😊
I’ll do my best! Male patterning on EE comes in uneven & splotchy, often with brown or red spots leaking through. Female patterns are evenly distributed and don’t have random color spots. I hope I’m explaining it right, I learned when someone helped me sex my EE pullets!

Back
Top Bottom