Hens wanted in NW Arkansas

burd66

Hatching
10 Years
Jan 25, 2009
Hello All! I would like to buy young hens for my farm in NW Arkansas. Interested in Barred Rock, Oprington, Austrolope , Brahma and Cochin. Any leads would be appreciated. Farm quality, not interested in showing.

Thanks,
Margaret

Where do you live in NW arkansas? they have a auction on 412 near Huntiville every saturday and they sell chickens of all types. I live in Green Forest.

Thanks for the reply. I live very close to Huntsville. Do you know where the auction is? Where can I find out more information?

my son says, you go to the road that turns to go to kingston then go passed the kingston road, it is the next building on the right, the building is green. the sale is this side of Huntiville, considering we start from Green Forest. the sale starts at 6pm and they sell at lot of different small animals and birds.

my son bought guinaes for me there. I sold my bantams there.

They have a pretty good chicken auction in centerton and there is a fairly large poultry swap by Grove OK. What kind of hens are you looking for? I live in NW arkansas and come across chickens quite a bit.

Sydni

I can't tell you how to get information but you might take a drive down 412 and look for a green barn like struture on a small rise, with a lot of cars and trucks this evening. my son says they sell eggs, chicken, rabbits and what ever people bring to sell.
I know they come out of the hills and hollowers from this area and have a great time.

Thanks for the replies. Sydni, I am interested in young hens- orpington, austrolope, barred rock, chochin or brahma. I like the big hardy breeds. Will raise them as pets and for eggs on my farm.

Thanks,
Margaret

Back
Top Bottom