Hercules Finally Crowed....Guess he is a Cockerel after all!!!!!!

lockedhearts

It's All About Chicken Math
12 Years
Apr 29, 2007
Georgia
Herc is our Buff Orp that was so so sick as a chick. He feathered out slow and I swear there were days when I woke up I just knew he'd be dead.
He defeated the odds and after about $150 worth of medicine, vitamins and electrolytes, he is a big strong Cockerel.
I always was pretty sure he was but he is going on 7 months and had never crowed. I wondered if his illness could have affected his voice.

This morning I was on my way in from the barn, I heard Gogane, then Fred, then little Uno, then Larry, curly, Rhett, Barney and then, Hey who was that, a different crow. I stopped and watched, there was Herc on the perch, he stood up, fluffed his feathers and crowed again. It wasn't a new little boy trying to crow either, in fact it was a near perfect classic crow.
Herc has earned his place among the "big" crow boys now!!!

herculessept.jpg

Congrats on your boy growing up and earning his "crowing" wings.
smile.png
Your story about all the roos taking their turn to crow sounds just like my house. LOL I love how it goes down the line and you know exactly who it is letting out that beautiful sound.

Jody

We took nine of them to the Fair tonight for the show tomorrow, seven of which were cockerels. We were standing at the end of the chicken aisle and as they crowed I said there's Larry, there's Barney....LOL

You know, I'm not even positive my RIR rooster has started crowing yet. They're 21 weeks old now. He is breeding hens and obviously a roo but I haven't seen or heard him do it yet.

Back
Top Bottom