Here’s to me getting a Trophy Point 😁

hysop

RIP Ryder (2022) & Hammy (2019)
Sep 16, 2019
SW Georgia
Hi I’m Sharon. This intro is long overdue but I saw I can get a trophy so here I am 😉. Decided to just answer the questions suggested in the intro post.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

We bought our first set of chicks March of 2018. I am still fairly new to owning chickens and I’ve made my share of chicken owner mistakes, but I’m also learning fast!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I have a total of 19 chickens (5 roosters, 14 hens) p.s. one rooster is becoming chicken stock soon sadly because I have no budget for him and we agreed any extra roosters would become food; two roosters—not including the one soon to be on the menu— are bachelors and understand that. One day I’ll give them some ladies.

(3) What breeds do you have?

Black Jersey Giants (3), Red Sex Links (3), White Leghorns (5), Olive Eggers (4), Production Red (1), Mix of BJG & WL (3)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Fresh eggs, entertainment, they are too funny.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

DIY household stuff like cleaning sprays, body scrubs, etc.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I’m married and have twin boys and a dog who is just the best dog ever, he was rescued from the pound ages ago. My chicken goals are to expand my flocks a bit more. I want my roosters to only have hens of their same breed. I also want to add a Buff Orpington flock and once everyone has a good hen to rooster ratio I want to relax a bit and not get other breeds until I can handle everyone well. I’d be looking at 50 chickens, 45 hens and 5 roosters when that goal is complete.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?

Ever since i got chickens in 2018, I kept researching info about chickens and Backyard Chickens always came up as the top search on Google. I never felt the need to join since all my questions were answered in previous threads. Until one day I needed help identifying a potbelly pig so I decided to go ahead and join so I could ask some questions. This was back in September 2019.

Hi Sharon, nice to meet you! Got any pictures of your critters?

These are not recent by any means and not all are pictured, but just to post a few here they are (I really need to start taking more pictures of them to share)

0F241DDC-9BC5-4829-84BB-8E2E50774C0B.png
E672A16A-8C6E-42E4-AF0A-ECDCDBE5FC13.png
6C03F3AB-B686-437E-A53D-1DB2EC177295.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom