Here are my Banty's any thoughts on breed/gender?

celonecoop

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 29, 2013
Quakertown,PA

How old are they? The two crested ones look like they maybe cochin and silkie crosses. The first one is probably a roo with the comb and wattle development, depending on age the Buff one is iffy also. You might want to see if you can get a side shot of the little cuckoo guy, is he also a bantam?

How old are they? The two crested ones look like they maybe cochin and silkie crosses. The first one is probably a roo with the comb and wattle development, depending on age the Buff one is iffy also. You might want to see if you can get a side shot of the little cuckoo guy, is he also a bantam?
The buff ones (2) but look identical are a little older than the others and yes they are all banty's I was thinking roo for the one as well none of the other have Combes or wattles I don't really know how old they are I know maybe a couple months no more than that we got them all different places lol and I don't know much about banty's its all new to us! But the kids love them!

Banties are wonderful pets aren't they, so darn cute. Besides the first one, the other three are really too young to get a good idea of gender on for sure, give them a couple of weeks and it will be easier to tell. For the best guesses, good side shots where we can see the back feathers help. With what is in the mixes, with crests and feathered feet the first guess is usually silkie since they are so popular as pets, for good reason.
With the Buffs I thought it looked more like a roo in the second picture, which now makes sense. Silkies are really really hard to tell gender on until they are fairly old, but that one with the redder face does look more masculine... the two have more like the walnut type combs that silkies have, which are really low and hard to see when they are young, especially on the girls. With the first guy, he does have a crest like silkies, but he also has a single comb and a really rounded butt like the cochins, almost wonder if he is a three or four way mix with both in there. do you know if he is related to the other little barred guy, did you get those two at the same place? Does the little one also have feathered feet, what does his comb look like? No real idea what he could be, lots of choices to get the barring, it does kind of look like a he to me in that picture though.

Back
Top Bottom