~~Here be spooders!!!!~~ ( and other critters!!)

Pics
I used to be scared of spiders, now...... Not so much! Lol
My favorite arachnids are jumping spiders and tarantulas, I used to own a tarantula but as some of my friends here know she passed away last year. This thread will be full of pictures of My Little critters, buggies and spooders!!! Names and other info will be under the pics!! ( Also I have horrible quality on my camera so really sorry that they're mostly blurry 😕)

~~my jumpers!!~~
View attachment 2605742View attachment 2605743View attachment 2605744
This is Citrus!! He is obviously male and very .....sour. he doesn't like to be messed with and will be a turd sometimes. He is a good-ish eater and likes mealworms.
( Phidippus audax)
View attachment 2605760View attachment 2605763View attachment 2605762View attachment 2605761
This is Cali!! She.... Might be male😂 I'll call it a she for simplicity.
She is the best eater and is chunky lil cutie!!! She's very sweet and calm ( unlike sour lil Citrus!!)
(Phidippus audax)
View attachment 2605780View attachment 2605781View attachment 2605782View attachment 2605783View attachment 2605784View attachment 2605787View attachment 2605789
This is ...uh...Nightmare?! Yup, that's his name, Nightmare.
He's the cutest lil spooder ever!!!
I love this species and I was so happy when my lil bro found him for me!!! He has an intricate lil enclosure and he adores a piece of wood in the corner.
( Phidippus johnsoni) View attachment 2605804
This is a very bad, blurry pic of Willow in her nest, she is very small and young, but she has the biggest personality! She is sweet and calm and it's the cutest one of all!!! ( Sorry nightmare!!)
( Platycryptus undatus )View attachment 2605816this lil Golden jumping spider is unamed as I've yet to discover his/her personality! It's too small to get a good pic but I assure you, it's amazingly beautiful!!!! Feel free to put any names suggestions for the unnamed spiders in the replies!!
( Paraphidippus aurantius)

~~My other spooders~~
View attachment 2605840 View attachment 2605857

this is my unnamed spider that I thought was a woodless spider, but now I'm guessing it's not due to coloring and size. It may still be just a young one but I'm going to keep my eye open for any other species it could be. ( If any of y'all know what it is....TELL ME PLEASE!!)
View attachment 2605853
This is my wolf spider Ember!! She's almost 2 inches long and is a ravenous beast!! I found her when she was younger and just a little bit smaller so it's been fun watching her grow. I had a lot more pictures of her that were good pictures on my other device but that one stopped working for some reason so this is all I have of good pictures. Lol
( A species of lycosidae )
View attachment 2605967View attachment 2605968
This is my fishing spider Rex!! She's amazingly massive and has the biggest appetite ever! even bigger than Ember! And yes I know Rex is more of a boy's name but she's the biggest of my spiders so she's kind of like the king or queen if you will. Lol
Her last molt didn't go as planned and one of her legs came out smaller than all the rest, which is odd but I don't know how it happened so.....🤷 Other than that she's really healthy and is one of my favorite spiders!!
( Dolomedes tenebrosus)

I have one more spider but I can't really show it off until it's older so y'all are just going to have to wait!

~~ my isopods & millipedes~~
View attachment 2605985
View attachment 2605987
These are my isopods and millipedes, I have some armadillidium vulgare isopods, three brachycybe millipedes and one other species, I think it's spelled apheloria virgininesis millipedes. The brachycybe pedes are my fave, if you look to the left top corner of the picture you can make out an orange millipede in a little cranny with some isopods surrounding it.

Phew.... Done!! ( Also I couldn't get the italics to stop so...yeah half of this post is full of italics lol😂😆)

Like I said earlier feel free to post some name suggestions for my unnamed spiders and post any pictures of your pets!! spiders or not I'd love to see them!!

@RoosterWhisperer
@HappyDuckie
@the_peanut_coop
@Starburst
@Lemon-Drop
@Willowhisp
@swampfox440
@CrazyCochin
@Madhouse Pullet
@my brain is so full of thoughts right now I can't even think of who else I need to invite over here so if I forgot you then......I am sorry...

ENJOY!!!!💕
Aww! I love spiders! You have some cool names!

5D340036-BBBE-479F-9910-C00C7051D52B.jpeg
I love jumping spiders too! Here is a Red Velvet? spider that lives around my front porch. Didn’t realize jumpers could be so large! She would easily cover a US dime. I used to live in Wyoming but now live in the Chihuahuan desert and there are many cool critters here. And BIG!

And here is a Vinegaroon. Whip Scorpion. They are cherished critters around here. No body ever kills them because they love to eat roaches. I have several ladies on my property. I see babies under rocks and wood all the time.
eta: not my hand or photo
View attachment 2930070
Ever gotten stung? (do they sting)

Back
Top Bottom