Here is my CL coop that I had custom built.

70monte

Songster
10 Years
Jun 5, 2009
Aurora, MO
I was going to build a bigger coop than what I had but then I got busy and it got too hot so I had someone that was advertising on CL to build me a coop. It was a little pricy but worth it too me. Its 4'x8' with three nest boxes and has electric inside. I have other pictures that the builder sent that I will try to post later.

http://springfield.craigslist.org/grd/1777346980.html

Wayne

thumbsup.gif
Wow! What a handsome coop!

Here are some more pictures.
017.jpg

016.jpg

014.jpg

013.jpg

010.jpg

001.jpg

This coop is very well put together and very heavy. I had to put it on some 3" PVC pipe sections to get it off my trailer, on the ground, and into position. Everything is screwed together. I ordered the roof color to match the shed and the carport roofs. The builder installed the light under the nest boxes but after I got it home, I moved it to the top in front of the triangle section over the big vent. We had some miscommunication on the roost board size and he used 2x2's for the roosts but I changed them out for 2x4's when I got it home. The roosts were made to be easily removable. Its very nice and better than what I could make.

Wayne

Thanks everyone. One day I will try my hand at building one myself. Its too hot right now and I'm too busy. The chickens seem to enjoy the new coop. They have a lot more headroom above the roost compared to the old coop. They were right up next to the roof in it. This one is so much nicer getting into. The old coop was about 4 1/2 foot tall inside and it was no fun getting into, especially with the roosts in the way. This coop stays much cooler inside and has a lot of good airflow. I may try to insulate the underside of the roof though at some point. Probably before winter. I just need to decide what to use and how to put it up.

I may also figure out a way to run the roosts front to back instead of side to side for more space on the top roost. Its a tight fit for all six of the chickens right now but one usually sleeps on the floor anyway because her wings were clipped way to short by the previous owner and she has trouble getting up on the roosts. Anyway, I'm very happy with it and it should do the job for quite a long time.

Wayne

Back
Top Bottom