~Here is My Coop...What do you think?~ (Pics)

Justino

♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫
12 Years
Dec 21, 2007
KY
We just divided our coop so the little ones can live outside with the big mamas
lol.png
what do you think of it?

we have 4 big hens and 4 lil ones ( 3 silkies,1 legorn...think we have at least 2 boys outa the pack
sad.png
)
heres outdie of it
ChickenCoop.jpg

heres where my 2 younger ones sleep....and its there nesting boxes even thought 1 only lays in them LOL
ChickenCoop1.jpg

heres the feeders and other 3 nesting boxes....i know! we have too many lol
ChickenCoop4.jpg

now this is the new diveded area where the babies live
ChickenCoop2.jpg

ChickenCoop6.jpg

this is for when sunny starts to crow....
ChickenCoop5.jpg

ChickenCoop7.jpg

and the silkies roostin and scratchin....
ChickenCoop3.jpg

ChickenCoop8.jpg

Thats It!!!! sorry if pics are blurry....what do you think?

Nothing wrong with the structure at all.
The only thing I'd consider changing is the location of the nest and the roosting poles.
Chickens like to roost as high as possible so that may intice them to your nest boxes instead of the roosting poles.

I'd move the nest boxes away from the roosting pole and put the nest boxes about 2' or 3' off the ground.

Enjoy your chickens!
@

Quote:
lol yeah....cinimon raison....no one ate them and they got stale so we gave em to the chooks LOL we always give our stale food to them
lol.png

Quote:
My chickens love to peck at bagels. Get yourself a bag of them and string them up where they can see them at eye level. LOL

@migocontodos :

Nothing wrong with the structure at all.
The only thing I'd consider changing is the location of the nest and the roosting poles.
Chickens like to roost as high as possible so that may intice them to your nest boxes instead of the roosting poles.

I'd move the nest boxes away from the roosting pole and put the nest boxes about 2' or 3' off the ground.

Enjoy your chickens!
@

well theve been fine and layin in there and not roosing on them soooo.....yeah. LOL​

Quote:
My chickens love to peck at bagels. Get yourself a bag of them and string them up where they can see them at eye level. LOL

lol ill have to try that
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom