Here is the photo I promised with the pinkish egg- Questions too

wannabchick

Songster
9 Years
Nov 27, 2010
Northen Va
I had posted previously asking which breeds lay pinkish eggs.. These are the eggs I got the past two day. One of them is laying more pink and today I got the pinkish egg again and a much larger brown egg, I wonder if that one finally came from my maran, except is sure isn't dark like the eggs I received to hatch. Do marans eggs get darker as they progress. This is the first time I got a much larger egg with a deeper hue.
My hens are all beginning to lay/ lol- it's so hard for me to know who is laying and who isn't, the only ones I have seen in the nest box
Is the red stars, and barnveldors, and know that the amerecaunas all lay blue

Bantam amerecauna
Lf amerecauna
Bantam favorelle
Buff Orpington
Barnvelders- I know those are the ones that give me the speckled eggs
Silkies
Serema
Black copper maran
Red star- she lays the medium tan ones

Augusteggs001.jpg

Those are pretty much the same range of colors I get from my hens who are supposed to be laying brown eggs. I've gotten a few that are almost white and some that are really dark brown. Looks normal to me.

wee.gif

i think I remember hearing faverolles lay pinkish eggs .... they are on my "want list" so I am not sure tho. You could check with someone who has some
big_smile.png

I've also always heard that marans eggs get LIGHTER over the course of their laying cycle - it sure looks like a marans egg by size (but I don't have any barnevelders... don't they lay a brown egg?)- hard to say tho - I'd wait for a few more ...
pop.gif

I don't know about you but I've been trying to talk my husband into putting a camera IN the coop just to see who lays what... don't think I'll get it tho
barnie.gif

pretty eggs! and I am sure they will taste yummy
lol.png

Quote:
This is what I was going to ask. I have pink egg laying EEs, 2 of them. I also get a pretty pink egg from my Silver Penciled Rocks, that if I don't mark them I confuse with the EEs. It's always a surprise at hatch time. LOL Thing is I see nothing else on the list that I own and lays pink. My Favs lay off white to white. Would have been cool to get more pink eggs from one of the breeds.

Here's a pack I made up for Easter.

55143_2011-04-21_171609.jpg

I think the pink ones were from my silkies.

I had Silkies, Cochins (and a cochin - EE cross) and Red sex links.

Last edited:
Quote:
If you go to the chicken breeds section, it will tell you who lays what, generally. My hens don't always lay the same color eggs, even the same hen.

Back
Top Bottom