Here is the photo I promised with the pinkish egg- Questions too

I have a Delaware that lays light to med dark and some times with speckles. She is the only brown egg layer I have. All of mine have just about quit laying in this heat/humidity !!!!!
idunno.gif

Thanks everyone.. Iam pretty sure that my amerecaunas are 100 percent.. As I was the crazy lady who purchased peachicks eggs.. During one of those crazy priced auctions..lol.. Peachicks the breeder here on byc has gorgeous amerecaunas are known to be amazing ameerecaunas.... So this is the only reason I could think that they are true amerecaunas..

I thought the pinkish egg was too big for silkies..cause its not all that tiny.. I really should get an egg scale..

Oh and I have one of those cameras btw.. But the problem..lol sometimes I find the eggs laid outside the coop..lol, like I found 6 small amerecauna eggs in my goats house.. And to me those must be where my bantam amerecauna was laying them because that blue bantam amerecauna I have , I hatched from q different breeder for my bantams..and all I can think is,.their small eggs to me, whenever I find a blue colored egg. I am not even sure if my large fowl amerecaunas are laying yet..unless the nice size pinkish lol, is coming from one of them. Now could my bantam amerecauna..lol, be laying the pinkish egg cause that could be a mixed..lol, and the large fowl blue laying amerecaunas laying the little itty bitty blue eggs..that's all backwards..lol , in size then.

It's funny how one wants to know which chicken is laying what. Such as myself, Really the one reason I want to know, is to tell who still hasn't started laying..

I mean I have 15 layers.. So it's funny I only get at the most 3 / 4 a day..so I figure alot are not laying yet.

Iam truly looking forward one day when I walk outside and I have 10-15 eggs to collect..whoooheey

My year and a half silkies lay a very large medium egg. Occasionally I'll get a large, barely. I was amazed at the size of my Seabright's egg. It is larger than young silkies.

In one of my many chicken resource books I read that eggs come in only two colors--brown and blue. All eggs (even white ones) are a variation of these two colors. If you hold a white egg against a piece of bright white paper it will look either light beige or light blue.

Some silkies do lay a pinkish colored egg in my experience. I have seen this from several pullets I have had. Very cool looking eggs!

Chef

Quote:
You have it backwards, all eggs are either blue or white based. Brown eggs are actually white eggs that are coated in pigment. Green eggs are blue eggs coated in pigment. If you crack open a brown and a white egg, the inside shell is white. If you crack open blue and green eggs, the inside shell is blue.

Back
Top Bottom