Here today, gone tomorrow.

Dr.GarryTTucker

Songster
5 Years
May 1, 2018
Southeast Texas
So last Thursday one of my hands started laying eggs. This week somewhere around Tuesday two more hands, I think, started laying eggs. Then the next day nothing. The question is, in the beginning can they lay in egg and then stop for another week before they pick up laying? Or do you think it’s more likely that one headlight three eggs and the others are just slow to produce? They are all the same age. They’re all Road Island reds. Interested to see if there are false starts?

Nothing has changed in the regiment. No stressing. It rained all week, that’s the only thing weatherwise I can see that might stress them out. No new food.

I have gotten first eggs, than nothing for awhile, so it definitely can happen. It's basically ovulation when a bird lays an egg. Many critters need time for that to regulate with all it's corresponding hormones, and some are great right out of the box.

So last Thursday one of my hands started laying eggs. This week somewhere around Tuesday two more hands, I think, started laying eggs. Then the next day nothing. The question is, in the beginning can they lay in egg and then stop for another week before they pick up laying? Or do you think it’s more likely that one headlight three eggs and the others are just slow to produce? They are all the same age. They’re all Road Island reds. Interested to see if there are false starts?
Nothing has changed in the regiment. No stressing. It rained all week, that’s the only thing weatherwise I can see that might stress them out. No new food.
Auto 'spell' hilarity!! :lol: :lau :gig

Here is one way to tell ...
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/who-is-laying-and-who-is-not-butt-check.73309/

Back
Top Bottom