Here we go again......Thermometers

RoRoinGA

Songster
9 Years
Feb 17, 2010
NE GA
Will a regular person oral or rectal thermometer taped to a piece of thin sheet plastic placed on top of the eggs work?? Kinda like the one that came with the LG except the numbers would be on the thermometer. I wonder??

I might have to go to Wally World to check that out. I can always get the other kind too and test it.

I tried an oral thermometer from Walgreens, but the temp only goes one way..up! It goes up to the highest temp in the incubator, but doesn't drop back down again when the temp drops...That's why you have to shake them after taking a person's temperature to get them back down. On the other hand, I just got 2 digital thermometers on ebay for a dollar they came from Hong Kong and took a month to get here, but you know what? They keep the exact same temps as my Brinsea accutemp. Now I'm just waiting to see if they stay that accurate.

Make sure you calibrate the hygrometer is you buy one. No matter where you get it. The 2 that I bought from Walmart are both off by 8%. I am not convinced that the temp is right either.

No, I don't think an oral thermometer will work. It has to be in closed contact with the object that is being tested. Then, it won't go back down unless you shake it (mercury type) or turn it off and on (digital type).

Back
Top Bottom