Here we go... UPDATE & PICS!!!!

thanks. one more question -- what is the green mat on top of the wire? I just got my first incubator (Hovabator) and will do a first hatch soon, but there's just the wire floor that came with the hatcher. Is the green thingy important?

Quote:
It's just shelf liner I picked up at the dollar store. I laid it on top of the wire so the babies would have something more comforting to sleep on. I cut it in pieces so I could still add water to the troughs as the days went by. You can use cheese cloth, too. It also makes the mess a bit easier to clean up, just toss it all in the trash.
wink.png

Just got back to work from stopping at home. Everyone looks great! The last one to hatch has some hatching debris attached to his cord. I took some of the water out of the incubator and left the plug out to bring the humidity down. I'm sure he'll dry up just fine and the stuff will fall off. He only hatched about 2 hours ago and is still wet and sleeping. Looks good, though, strong.
smile.png

A couple more pics...

0002acf0

0002b1rq

They are so fat and fluffy! I wish I could get a better picture of them, but they are moving around all the time and making the pics blury, LOL.

We ened up with 6. The last to hatch, with the cord and stuff attached, did dry up but didn't make it through the night. I'm kind of grateful that MOther Nature took care of him for me. I was afraid I would be looking at a culling situation at some point and I didn't want to do that. So we're good with 6!

Thanks, everyone, for your help and support, especially MP last night. You're all fantastic!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom