Heritage bird breeders

chickiemama27

Songster
6 Years
Apr 18, 2017
Good morning! I’m wondering how I would locate good heritage breed breeders in my area? How do you know you have a good breeder?

Thank you! 😊

Breeders clubs, you can look up (for example) Road Island White Breeders club and those websites usually have directories.
Ok thank you!!

Do you know if a salmon favorelle (pair) purchased from a hatchery like Myer would have a good blood line? We just got a pair and I know they’re endangered. I’d love to keep some heritage breeds going that are threatened.

Ok thank you!!

Do you know if a salmon favorelle (pair) purchased from a hatchery like Myer would have a good blood line? We just got a pair and I know they’re endangered. I’d love to keep some heritage breeds going that are threatened.
Likely not since they aren't maintained for anything other than egg production in hatchery flocks

Ok thank you!!

They'd be hatchery quality. They're not as endangered as the livestock conservancy would have you believe. They have no way of keeping track of birds

Back
Top Bottom