Heritage Turkey Hatchery (Plum Run Poultry) Buyer Beware!

Status
Not open for further replies.

harlequinlove

Hatching
6 Years
Dec 15, 2013
Hi All.

Just wanted to share my experience with Heritage Turkey Hatchery to all interested parties. After being assured that my small order of 2 welsh harlequin hens and 2 fawn and white indian runner hens could be made as is without any worry that I would have to take one or two drakes, my order arrived. I unwittingly raised these ducklings for nearly two months before the signature neck banding and hoods started to show. Not only did they send me three welsh harlequins instead of the two requested, every duckling they sent was a male.
To make matters worse, there is absolutely no direct contact information for this hatchery on their website. I contacted them time and time again telling them how unhappy I was. Eventually I had to tell them that my only recourse was to shame them on public forums such as these. I strongly recommend that you stay away from this hatchery. Maybe they are more accommodating if you place very large orders, but it is evident from my experience that they do not seem to have second thoughts about screwing the little backyard fowl owner.
Of course, we wanted the ducks for their eggs to be more self-reliant, but we had also planned to have these as pets, so we named them and i took millions of videos and photos of them as ducklings to document their growth. It was such a tremendous let down to get to love their personalities and then realize we would never get any eggs out of them. We do not plan on eating them or killing them, and now we have them as pets, but only at a complete financial loss. $100 to heritage hatchery for them to send us the completely wrong order. Give your business to others more deserving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom